Thursday, June 4, 2009

E3 2009

E3 is back, very nearly. In terms of press conferences, this is the best E3 in quite a while. Sure, there was awkwardness in the pacing and talky bits, but the games were huge, one after another. Halo, Crackdown and Splinter Cell could have been an entire event other years, but this year they were slotted in with a huge roster of cool looking games. Nintendo really reversed their position from last year, giving us Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario and Metroid. There were so many leaks before Sony's conference this year that it was the only one near what I expected, and they still announced an exclusive Rockstar game and a new numbered Final Fantasy. I'm not going to do a full write up, but I did want to share with you the games I most want to play coming out of E3.



I just beat the most recent Metroid and wasn't expecting to get exited about a new one for a while, but that was pretty damn exiting seeing the Team Ninja cinematic connected to this one.



Trico is officially known now as The Last Guardian. This may have been mostly leaked a few weeks ago, but that doesn't make me want it any less. If you've ever played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus you know that this team is good, and now they're doing it in shiny new HD. Gah.

Of course there are Final Fantasies and Haloes that I will enjoy the hell out of when the time comes, but they didn't do that much for me this week.

No comments: